so, we got a lot of e-mails on this cover, but none that really addressed the things that gef was actually saying.
our "five for friday" takes a pass at the implications of many of those cryptic word balloons.
"Five for Friday!"
1. One of the snippets, spoken en Francais, translates, roughly, to "There's always money in the Banana Stand." This is a key phrase from which critically-acclaimed, Craig-adored, cancelled, then revived, then cancelled again, then revived again, Fox sitcom?
2. "There are 178 parent languages on our planet with over 1000 dialects...It's amazing we communicate at all." is a line/lyric from what incredibly obscure MTV-era, 80s song by Ebn/Ozn?
3. In one of Gef's comments, he is most definitely all wet. Which one?
4. Inside the book, Gef needs to be in possession of which character's Staff/Talisman to be able to control and amplify his bi-location abilities?
5. In one of these snippets, Gef reveals to us that he can appear in not only two places at the same time, and two times at the same time, but also has found himself enveloped in songs. What song would Gef be in if he were...
a. "...down at Dino's Bar and Grill, the drink will flow and blood will spill and if the Boys wanna fight, you'd better let 'em."?
b. ...watching Mary dance across the porch while Roy Orbison was singing on the radio...?
c. "...Nibblin' on sponge cake, watchin' the sun bake all those tourists covered with oil"?
d. ...working for a time at a five and dime, his Boss was Mr. McGee...?
e. ...lookin' back on when he was a little nappy-headed boy...?
have a great weekend~!
smell ya later~!