so, the results are in, the officials have spoken, and the winner of the Perhapanauts Perhapa-ganda Challenge is...
...Stacy Wallis of newport news, va, who sent us this brief, but very to-the-point, entry
A cartoon of Molly saying "Could you, like, Like us?" for on Facebook.
with stacy's permission, we added a "like", craig drew it up, and here's the end result!
with our newest series, Perhapanauts: Danger Down Under! coming out a few months from now, we're hoping that all of YOU--our Perhapa-Family--might help us to spread the word around, by posting this on your Facebook page and/or maybe even sending it around to friends you think might like the Perhapanauts. Or friends who just like a good adventure! We've got 769 "likes" already, but we KNOW we can get a lot more to friend up with our little book! whaddaya say? you in?
stacy--thanks for the wonderful idea and...
your prize of $100 and a blacklight choopie t-shirt are already in the mail!
(your signed copies of each issue of Perhapanauts:Danger Down Under! will arrive as they come out!)
thanks to everyone who sent in such great ideas!
and thanks to joe, jim, and michael for their help in the selection process.
some random jpgs i grabbed from ebaumsworld.com...
(go there! therre's lots of fun to be had!)
ands here are your
"five for friday!"
1. what famous cartoon character boasts the measurements 19-19-19?
2. from a caribbean word meaning fish net, what hanging cloth made it possible for sailors to sleep soundly on restless seas?
3. what poultry dish features a chicken stuffed in a duck stuffed in a turkey?
4. what distinctive fabric features a raised pattern known as wales?
5. what 40s film classic was adapted from an unproduced play called "everyone comes to rick's"?
that's it for now!
have a great weekend!
please pass on our promotional plea--we need readers!
smell ya later!