hey, everybody! and happy new year's eve!
woke up this morning with every intention of posting this first thing this morning--trouble was, we had no power. for about 6 hours. just came back on and so here is the post and, below, the answers to the "five on friday".
the power was out due to a beautiful snow storm that snuck up on us last night. well, it snuck up on ME--my dad had been saying that they were calling for it all day and warned sharon and i as we were going out for a nice romantic pre-new year's eve dinner at one of our favorite restaurants, anthony's. we weren't out late, but on the way home the snow had started, giving us that cool star wars lightspeed effect as the snow came at us. it really didn't look like it was sticking though, so we weren't worried about any possible accumulation.
this morning, seven inches and no power.
here're some pics.
and here are some of jake enjoying the snow!
and here is kayla enjoying the snow...
hope you're enjoying the snow--wherever you are!
and here, the answers to your
"five for friday"
1. who was the author of such books as galapogas, breakfast of champions, and the sirens of titan?
kurt vonnegut jr.
2. what young actor's earlier roles included having an arrow shoved through his throat in the first "friday the 13th" ?
(johnny depp was in "nightmare on elm street")
3. what is the drum-like name of the circular membrane that act as a frog's ears?
the timpanic membrane
4. who was the only person to speak in mel brooks' "silent movie" ?
legendary mime, marcel marceau
5. match the 70's comics artist with the book/character he's best known for.
(sorry if some of you are too young...)
1. mike grell e. green lantern
2. curt swan c. superman
3. dick dillin a. justice league of america
4. irv novick b. flash
5. jim aparo d. brave and the bold
smell ya next year!