i had a whole 'nother blog prepared for today, one that i put together yesterday in advance as i was supposed to be heading toward craig's house today so that sharon and i could have a little christmas of our own with the rousseaus. though we talk on the phone everyday (sometimes twice), i haven't seen the guy in months and am dying to see trish, the johnny, and to see how big my little goddaughter has gotten. and my buddy, oz. we were both really looking forward to it...
unfortunately, my brother--jake's usual babysitter, is going away himself for a couple days and my back-up jakesitters backed out. so we had to cancel. sad.
so here i sit.
i guess i'd better get some work done.
perhapanauts update--man, craig and rico are doing some AWESOME work on the annual--it's almost done! it's so cool to get the pages and see craig bring your ideas to life, but then the two of us become even more excited as rico starts to send in the colors, making everything real, making everything pop! we are so lucky to have that guy on the team! thanks, rico!
here's a random photo of the week. it's a squirrel in moscow. i really don't know why it's ears are so big, but it's pretty cool. do we have squirrels with ears that big? we should get some.
alright. here are your
"five for friday"
1. who was the author of such books as galapogas, breakfast of champions, and the sirens of titan?
2. what young actor's earlier roles included having an arrow shoved through his throat in the first "friday the 13th" ?
3. what is the drum-like name of the circular membrane that act as a frog's ears?
4. who was the only person to speak in mel brooks' "silent movie" ?
5. match the 70's comics artist with the book/character he's best known for.
(sorry if some of you are too young...)
1. mike grell a. justice league of america
2. curt swan b. flash
3. dick dillin c. superman
4. irv novick d. brave and the bold
5. jim aparo e. green lantern
that's it. i'm out.
smell ya later!