one of the things that craig and i found as we asked our friends if they would be into doing a perhapanauts pin-up (or as luke has now tagged them, perhapinups! : ) is that everyone is drawn immediately to big and choopie. i suppose that there's more freedom for interpretation with those two and we certainly didn't want to tell anyone what they should or shouldn't draw, but for a while there it looked like we were going to have just a "big and choopie" gallery for the book.
either way, they all ROCK--both the artists and the pin-ups--and we couldn't be happier!
so i met jack lawrence on myspace.
i think he saw my name in ringo's friends, asked to be my friend, and i 'e'd him back telling him how much i really dug his stuff and that i'd LOVED his book (with Mike Bullock), LIONS, TIGERS, and BEARS! and i wasn't kiddin'! mike had suggested it to me a few years back--we are always on the lookout for good, fun comics, and especially fantasy, and especially talking animal fantasy...
if you like those things too--and i know ya do--go get a copy and enjoy the ride!
so jack says he dug tellos and was diggin' on the perhapanauts and if we should ever need a pin-up and i said, damn, maybe for the next trade 'cause it looks like we've already got too many for this one and he says okay and then a few days later he says, mate, i just couldn't wait ('cause he's british and they say that...) and he sent over this awesome piece!
to see more of jack's beautful work, check out:
you'll be glad ya did!
as promised here is your "five on friday" special movie quotes edition;
your mission, should you choose to accept it;
you tell me the movie, the character, and the actor or actress who played them.
1. “Now listen to me--I’m telling you, boys and girls--Whichever one of you gets it out of him is going to wind up with the single most important interview since...God talked to Moses.”
2. “Great! Spit on the fat kid. Real good.”
3. “In the heat of battle, my father wove a tapestry of obscenity that, as far as we know, is still hanging in space over Lake Michigan.”
4. “Remember; No matter where you go, there you are.”
5. "I'm not going to see you anymore, am I?"
i'll have the answers on monday!
have a great weekend!