short but, hopefully, sweet today...
as i mentioned the other day, craig, rico, and i will be at the new york city comicon this weekend at the world-reknowned javitz center in good ol' manhattan! we will be accompanied by the lovely and talented brian mulcahy--official boothboy and manager of sales--and on sunday we will be joined by our pal, scott weinstein!
i will take pictures.
if you are gonna be at the show, please don't hesitate to drop by our table and mention this blog, mostly so i know that more than three people read this thing, but also to pick up a small perhapa-prize, a small perhapa-token of our appreciation...
(the code word is: bedlam)
and so, because i still have stuff to pack--and want to get some rest before the show--and 'cause earl, the office, and 30 rock are gonna be on soon--here is the "random picture of the week" as well as your "five on friday".
1. david bowie is not his real name. he changed it to bowie (after the guy with the cool knife) because it sounded cool. he changed it ‘cause someone else was already using his real name. what is it?
2. a pride of lions, a school of fish, a herd of buffalo, a _________ of whales, a ______________ of crows...
3. for the longest time, the whizzer (marvel-golden age) was celebrated for having the most inane origin story in comics. how did he get his powers?
4. which state has the ten highest mountains in the united states?
5. michael keaton changed his name to keaton (after his favorite silent film star) because someone was already using his real name. what is it?
i'm outta here!
see ya at the show!
ps, have you picked this up yet...?