i totally forgot to include the answers to roger's awesome wrestling-themed "five for friday" trivia from last week...!
actually, i thought i'd included it, but...
a few of you were kind to "remind" me...
anyway, here they are, with apologies to you... and roger!
thanks again for doing these, roger!
look for another post tomorrow.
Glad you enjoyed the wrestling questions. Looking at the responses, it seems like the first one ended up being a trick question even though I didn't intend it to be. Here are the answers, and maybe a bit of info.
1) "Classy" Freddie Blassie. The lyric from "Man on the Moon" is "Mister Fred Blasie in a breakfast mess. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah." (It's near the end of the first verse.) "Pencil Neck Geek" was a favorite on the Dr. Demento show for years. If you've never heard it, here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNM4atakanI.
2) Jesse "The Body" Ventura.
3) Andre the Giant. I'm glad Brian got the "Princess Bride" reference.
4) "Rowdy" Roddy Piper. Even if you've never seen "They Live," you probably know this line from the film: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wp_K8prLfso
5) Mick Foley. The books Jill Thompson drew are "Tales From Wrescal Lane." and "Mick Foley's Halloween Hijinx." He wrote another children's book, "Mick Foley's Christmas Chaos" which was illustrated by fellow wrestler, Jerry "The King" Lawler.