just a smorgasbord of stuff today. letters, nonsense, trivia...
A round watermelon can take up a lot of room in a refrigerater and the usually round fruit often sits awkwardly on refrigerator shelves. Smart Japanese Farmers have forced their watermelons to grow into a square shape by inserting the melons into square, tempered glass cases while the fruit is still growing on the vine.
i've been getting excited about having actual letter to feature on the letters page in every issue of the all-new, all-different PERHAPANAUTS and have been asking people at shows and elsewhere to write in! i did this in seattle when we were at the emerald city con last month and got this email a few days later. i was GONNA put it in the comic, but realized that it was more about the show than the book and thought it might get better response (and exposure!) here...
ladies and gentlemen! our new pal, nick easterday--
Name: Nick Easterday
Comments: Just met you guys at ECCC today [my first con!]. After the show I got loaded and went to a Ladies Lube wrestling party [put on by a local rugby team]!! Gotta love the big city. So now I'm drunk and sending you my praise. Keep up the cryptid shenanigans!!
now i have seen some great letters in my day, but...come on! that's the greatest piece of prose i've read in a long time...and i've been reading a LOT of stuff!
thanks, nick! you definitely rock!
some creative advertising
1. who was the second animated character to receive a star on hollywood boulevard?
2. in what current u.s. state is the site of custer's last stand?
3. if a centipede has a hundred legs and a millipede has a thousand legs, what does a velocipede have?
4. what was the name of the hotel john lennon was living in and was shot to death in front of?
5. ha! a fiver! name the members of the electric mayhem!
i'm gone, daddy, gone!
have a great weekend!
smell ya later!