i have said before that when we would go to conventions, mike and craig and i would usually get ahold of some saying, catch phrase, line from some tv show, comedy album or whatnot, and just proceed to beat it into the ground all weekend. (last year in charlotte, it was from joe rogan's latest comedy album and we would just shout the word "jihad!' at each other...which almost got us into trouble at the airport when mike was dropping us off...)
other years included the following from the following:
"aye, mira..." "joo got some bal-loonce?" from the jerky boys
"i'm brian fellows!" from snl
"computer says 'no'." "bitty?" "that's right; ching chang chinaman." and a ton more from little britain
"that right. i farted. jealous?" from snl
"what if he's did?" from flight of the conchords
this past weekend in seattle, craig and i couldn't stop running through one of our favorite bits on last week's the office, from one of our favorite wacky guys.
creed: hey, pumpkin. we're gonna ditch this bitch. you in?
creed: pumpkin's out. let's go, gang!
for some big fun, even if you don't watch the show, check out creed's wikipedia entry here
i laughed through the entire thing.
but then, i was also drunk.
1. To remove a bandage painlessly, saturate the bandage with vodka. The stuff dissolves adhesive.
2. To clean the caulking around bathtubs and showers, fill a trigger-spray bottle with vodka, spray the caulking, let set five minutes and wash clean. The alcohol in the vodka kills mold and mildew.
3. To clean your eyeglasses, simply wipe the lenses with a soft, clean cloth dampened with vodka. The alcohol in the vodka cleans the glass and kills germs. (don't do this if your lenses have been uv protected or tinted.)
4. Prolong the life of razors by filling a cup with vodka and letting your safety razor blade soak in the alcohol after shaving.
The vodka disinfects the blade and prevents rusting.
5. Spray vodka on wine stains, scrub with a brush, and then blot dry.
6. Using a cotton ball, apply vodka to your face as an astringent to cleanse the skin and tighten pores.
7. Add a jigger of vodka to a 12-ounce bottle of shampoo. The alcohol cleanses the scalp, removes toxins from hair,
and stimulates the growth of healthy hair.
8. Fill a sixteen-ounce trigger-spray bottle with vodka and spray bees or wasps to kill them.
9 Pour one-half cup vodka and one-half cup water into a Ziploc freezer bag and freeze for a slushy, refreshing ice pack for aches, pain or black eyes.
10. Fill a clean, used mayonnaise jar with freshly packed lavender flowers, fill the jar with vodka, seal the lid tightly and set in the sun for three days. Strain liquid through a coffee filter, then apply the tincture to aches and pains.
11. To relieve a fever, use a washcloth to rub vodka on your chest and back as a liniment.
12. To cure foot odor, wash your feet with vodka.
13 Vodka will disinfect and alleviate a jellyfish sting. (and i thought it was just pee)
14. Pour vodka over an area affected with poison ivy to remove the urushiol oil from your skin.
15. Swish a shot of vodka over an aching tooth. Allow your gums to absorb some of the alcohol to numb the pain.
And silly me!
All this time I've been drinking the stuff.
"five for friday"
1. yes, in the late 90's rachel green was one of our friends, but at the time nbc touted another show that featured a character named rachel green(e) as well. what was it?
2. with over 3,000 cover versions, what is considered the most recorded song in history?
3. in latin, what does the word trivia mean?
4. what is the term for someone who collects trivia?
5. created on a budget of $35,000, what is the most profitable film of all time?
have a great weekend!
smell ya later!