HAPPY 600th BLOG, EVERYBODY!!
so in all my excitement to get the trivia challenge going and post the answers--see below--i almost lost track of the numbering here on the blog and almost missed this one---PERHAPA-BLOG 600!!
i really can't believe that i've posted 600 blogs.
and so today, as a kinda celebration, i thought i'd post a few things to excite and entice, to whet your respective appetites for our super scary PERHAPANAUTS HALLOWEEN SPOOKTACULAR no.1 coming out this october!
SPOILER! SPOILER!! SPOILER!!!
so here's your spoiler alert, for brian and anyone else who would rather not look--
below are the first few unlettered pages from two of our halloween stories with art by our pal, rich woodall, and my old volleyball teammate and comics legend, fred hembeck!!
i hope you enjoy them!
from "Night of the Tatzelwurm!"
pencils by rich woodall
from "Choopie's Halloween!"
artwork by fred hembeck
our friend, alison, has sent me a lot of great emails lately, but this one was just amazing! and inspirational!
you can see the joy on everyone's faces just to be a part of something so beautiful!
lauren monardo is a fantastic artist whose praises i sang here on the blog a few weeks ago. she, along with her writer-partner, stephen lindsay, produce the electric, eclectic, and erudite comic, "the slightly askew adventures of ham and eggs". it is about a pig in a world of talking animals set on solving a murder case...before becoming a victim himself!!
lauren has been both kind enough to agree to doing a back-up story with me and patient enough to put up with my constant delays in getting her a script, but sent me this crazy clip of choopie giving something a zap to nudge me along!
thanks so much, lauren! it's awesome!
and to see the complete strip, head over to lauren's site at:
THE ANSWERS TO THE "FIVE FOR FRIDAY" TRIVIA CHALLENGE!!
1) In the US, it's commonly referred to as a hurricane, but what is this weather feature called in the areas around
a) The Indian Ocean?
--denis will supply the answer below---
b) The Pacific Ocean?
2) Humans can be individually identified by their finger-prints. What prints are dogs identified by?
3) What is the body of an airplane called?
4) What person won the most number of Academy Awards, winning an incredible 26 Oscars!?
5) How many of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World still exist today?
---also, see below---
He/She Won An Oscar for Best Actor/Actress, Really?
1. This TV sidekick won for a film featuring in its title the name of another famous sidekick and beat out Dustin Hoffman, Jack Nicholson and Al Pacino to do it.
2. Both his Oscar winning character and the character in he played on TV had their names in the tiitle of the show. He beat out James Cageny, James Dean, Frank Sinatra and Spencer Tracy for the Oscar.
Ernest Borgnine (movie--Marty, tv show--McHale's Navy)
3. He is a big hit at Christmas whether at home, or on the road. He beat out Cary Grant and his co-star in the film for the Oscar.
4. Mention this woman's "name" and you will think single before you think movie. She beat out Meryl Streep and Glenn Close.
5. Same clue as for number 4, but this one beat out Diana Ross, Maggie Smith, Cicely tyson and Liv Ullmann.
So, my trivia questions are too hard for you, huh? Try these.
1. How many strings are there on a 12-string guitar?
2. How many playing cards in a standard 52-card deck?
52--not counting jokers and instruction cards
3. What do you call those things at the ends of your hands? You know... um... fingers? Damn. Never mind.
4. How many band members are in a standard 4-piece combo?
5. How many Green Chinese Pots in a dozen?
1. Who was the mascot of the Milwaukee Braves and later the Atlanta Braves until 1986 when he was removed, in part, due to race issues?
Chief Noc-A-Homa (pronounced to sound kinda like "knock a homer.")
2. Jay Ward & Bill Scott, creators of Bullwinkle, produced a series of popular commercials starring which high ranking cereal mascot?
3. Speaking of Bullwinkle, what cereal featured him in their commercials?
4. Who was the original voice of Mickey Mouse?
5. What cryptid is a native of Northern Wisconsin and is the mascot for the city of Rhinelander?
The Hodag. Here's more about it: http://www.hodagpress.com/about.htm
6. Who was the "mascot" of the original Justice League of America? (Thanks to KC for this question.)
happy 600th post everybody!
no go out and play!
smell ya later!