Friday, July 24, 2009
YOUR "Five For Friday!" Trivia Challenge!
didn't get a lot of entries, but the ones i did get are certainly solid trivia questions...and i didn't think a one of them fell into the minutia category (do you?)
thanks to denis, brian, kc, and roger for stepping up and sending some in--now let's see how we ALL do.
you can all post your answers in the comments section where i'll be posting mine around noon (EST).
1) In the US, it's commonly referred to as a hurricane, but what is this weather feature called in the areas around
a) The Indian Ocean?
b) The Pacific Ocean?
2) Humans can be individually identified by their finger-prints. What prints are dogs identified by?
3) What is the body of an airplane called?
4) What person won the most number of Academy Awards, winning an incredible 26 Oscars!?
5) How many of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World still exist today?
He/She Won An Oscar for Best Actor/Actress, Really?
1. This TV sidekick won for a film featuring in its title the name of another famous sidekick and beat out Dustin Hoffman, Jack Nicholson and Al Pacino to do it.
2. Both his Oscar winning character and the character in he played on TV had their names in the tiitle of the show. He beat out James Cageny, James Dean, Frank Sinatra and Spencer Tracy for the Oscar.
3. He is a big hit at Christmas whether at home, or on the road. He beat out Cary Grant and his co-star in the film for the Oscar.
4. Mention this woman's "name" and you will think single before you think movie. She beat out Meryl Streep and Glenn Close.
5. Same clue as for number 4, but this one beat out Diana Ross, Maggie Smith, Cicely tyson and Liv Ullmann.
So, my trivia questions are too hard for you, huh? Try these.
1. How many strings are there on a 12-string guitar?
2. How many playing cards in a standard 52-card deck?
3. What do you call those things at the ends of your hands? You know... um... fingers? Damn. Never mind.
4. How many band members are in a standard 4-piece combo?
5. How many Green Chinese Pots in a dozen?
Here are my questions for your Friday trivia challenge. They all have the theme of "mascot." I included a sixth in case one of the original 5 is too trivial.
1. Who was the mascot of the Milwaukee Braves and later the Atlanta Braves until 1986 when he was removed, in part, due to race issues?
2. Jay Ward & Bill Scott, creators of Bullwinkle, produced a series of popular commercials starring which high ranking cereal mascot?
3. Speaking of Bullwinkle, what cereal featured him in their commercials?
4. Who was the original voice of Mickey Mouse?
5. What cryptid is a native of Northern Wisconsin and is the mascot for the city of Rhinelander?
6. Who was the "mascot" of the original Justice League of America? (Thanks to KC for this question.)
Hope ya like 'em!
have a great weekend!
smell ya later!