Monday, April 11, 2011
mad men monday!
as word comes out of hollywood that mad men has in fact worked through all the various contract negotiations and whatnot, and that a new season will be under way soon (though the actual premiere of season 5 won't be until this time next year...aaaaahhhh!), sharon and i are doing everything we can to drag out the last few episodes of season 4 (which came out on dvd two weeks ago...)
what an awesome, awesome show!
do what you have to, amc--just get me more mad men!!!
the cast is wonderful, the direction is so clever, and the writing is just off-the-charts exquisite! such sly, wry dialogue, and dedicated attention to the vernacular of the times, as well as story points that step out of 50 year old headlines and remind you when you are!
can you tell i dig it?
can't wait for more mad men...
and here are the
answers to your
"five for friday!"
1. what band of intrepid sleuths traveled around solving mysteries in the "mystery machine"?
mystery inc.--the scooby-doo gang
2. who was the first athlete to appear on a box of wheaties?
3. in what film did legendary actors robert deniro and al pacino play father and son?
the godfather II
4. the building of what cut the journey from new york to san francisco by 8,000 miles...?
the panama canal
5. small roles
in theater there is an expression, "there are no small parts, only small actors." meaning that a good actor can make the most of even the tiniest role. it can also mean, 'get over yourself...'
here is a list of small parts, roles in films/tv shows with little/minimal screen time and a list of the actors who played them.
pair them up.
1. jack sparrow's father
c. keith richards
2. stoner on the couch in true romance
d. brad pitt
3. the 'wrong' private ryan in saving private ryan
a. nathan fillion
4. the organ player at the wedding in kill bill 2
e. samuel l. jackson
5. jeep driver in band of brothers
b. jimmy fallon
smell ya later!