over at comicrelated.com our pal, russ burlingame has instituted a monthly column called "what perhappenin'?" in a meager attempt to try to trick me into telling him what we've got planned for the perhapanauts.
it isn't working.
i'll never crack.
but i do give some hints as to what might be happening and i do answer some of the questions that i CAN answer without spoiling any of it for you.
go check out his recent entry at:
before we get on with the "five for friday", craig nailed me earlier today by pointing out a mistake in last week's five, one i am very embarrassed to admit for two reasons. one is that i should have known the answer. and two is because, in my haste these past few weeks, i neglected to check my answers on last week's five. i apologize and promise that i will never rush through again.
so for those of you that noticed, yes, i DID spell shaun in "shaun of the dead" wrong (shawn) and the correct answer to that question is that though simon pegg and nick frost starred in the film, it was pegg and edgar wright who wrote the movie and wright directed.
"five for friday"
1. to what continent is the carnivorous plant, the venus fly trap, indigenous?
2. what are the small discs thrown as targets in skeet and trap shooting called?
3. what actor played the school principal in "e.t." only to have spielberg cut the scene?
4. generally speaking, what are the three main parts of the brain?
5. over the >gasp!< years i've tried to feature, both here and in the comic book, an assortment of some of the strange and bizarre creatures that have had me obsessed with cryptozoology since childhood. let's see if you've been paying attention. below is a gallery of some of my favorites--can you name them?
have a great weekend!
smell ya later!