christmas card no.5--1991
here's what's happening...
1991. i'm now married.
to a really wonderful girl named nicole (nick for short). and my wonderful terrier mix of a mutt, gretchen (who is 7 years old now, is my best friend, and is also thrilled to be back in new york state), now has a brother, a black dwarf rabbit named hank. nicole and i, of course, just love these two and make up lotsa stories about their adventures, them playing tricks on us, and just generally being wise guys. they would now, of course, become the stars of our christmas cards...
on the work side of my life, i am working at williams lumber, a sort of local family-owned lowes or home depot, and secretly cranking out issue after issue of xeroxed mini comics with my best friend, andy jozefowicz, after we realize that we are fairly surrounded by copy machines.
my dad, who had always been a rather strong john wayne-type figure to my brother and i anyway, now had a wider fan base with two new daughters in law and we began referring to him as "rodeo frank", gun-slingin', cowpoke-punchin', western legend. in our mini comics, we had rodeo frank writing an advice column to readers who sent in their questions. it was all a lot of fun.
needless to say, grampa rodeo became a hero to hank and gretchen and found his way into a couple of our christmas cards.
"five for friday"
gettin' in the spirit edition...
1. what american president refused to allow a christmas tree in the white house?
2. what two words are usually pre-printed on christmas gift tags?
3. what are the names of the cop and the cab driver that help george out in "it's a wonderful life?"
4. what was the name of scrooge's deceased partner in "a christmas carol?"
5. if you received all the gifts in "the twelve days of christmas," how many presents would you have?
smell ya later!